TRAIL AND THE CITY
One Day Mountain Biking Plus Half Day City Cycling Tour
Full Day / 8 hr.
Discover Chiang Mai on two wheels. Start your northern journey with our 3 hour unique city cycling tour. Our city tour is easy, entertaining, and informative. Ride through the ancient 720 year old history, Explore rich and fascinating culture of Lanna capital, and the authentic lifestyle of the locals. On the second day, enjoy the natural landscape while riding a fun mix of single tracks, double tracks and dirt roads that link up remote hill tribe’s villages, through the most stunning scenery of Thai highland jungle.
Prices & Availability
- Normal Price for both 4,199 Baht
Included in this price
- Friendly and professional guide
- City Bike (for City Tour)
- Premium full suspension YT Jeffsy. More details here. (for MTB Tour)
- Protective gears
- Drinks, and snacks
- Lunch (for MTB Tour)
- National park entrance fee
- Transportation to and from your hotel
Not included in the price
- Accommodation in-between each tour (can be arranged per your request)
- Gratuities (optional)
Day 1 Half Day City Cycling Tour
(Choose from one of three routes below)
Route I : Time Traveller
A fun ride back in time. Discover Chiang Mai, the exotic city was once an entirely walled square surrounded by a moat. See the aesthetic of ancient architecture. Go deep into the route of Lanna culture, a fusion of civilizations. Feel the spiritual beliefs that blended in every rhythm of our lives. As we move our way back to the future, you’ll appreciate harmony of old and new in this 700 years old kingdom.
- Wat Sri Su Pan (Silver Buddhist monastery)
- Wat Pra Singh (The temple that houses an important Buddha statue)
- Wat Chedi Luang (82 meters high Chedi,largest Lanna building, built in 14th century)
Route II : Lifecycling
Riding through the intricate network of narrow winding streets you’ll have a glimpse into the local’s way of life. Seeing the vivid colors and numerous cultures that make this ‘Rose of the North’ city so unique. You will eat, smell, and hear like a local as you make your way through the local market.
- Warorot Market
- Sla mong Osot (Vintage Pharmacy)
- Chang Klan
- Muslim community
- Wat Chompoo
- Blacksmith community
Route III : Original Hipster
Forget the modern days Hipster fad, Trailhead will show you the Original Hipster way of our ancestor. Riding slowly on modern asphalt under the shade of the old days to find out what made those people so trendy in their time? How the invasion of different cultures influenced the typical Northern culture.
- Khualek (Chiang Mai Old metal bridge)
- Gymkana Club (oldest sport club in Asia)
- Sriprakad Hotel (109 years old hotel)
- Wat Ket Karam Museum
Day 1 : Time Schedule (Choose Morning or Afternoon session)
- 8.30 am Hotel pick up
- 9.00 am Shop departure
- 12.00 pm Finish/Hotel drop off
- 12.30 pm Hotel pick up
- 13.00 pm Shop departure
- 16.00 pm Finish/Hotel drop off
Day 2 : Buffalo Solider Full Day Mountain Biking Tour
(Mountain biking the first day if you prefer)
Everyone’s favorite trail is a fun mix of singletrack, doubletrack and dirt roads that link up remote hill tribe’s villages. Ride through the most stunning scenery of Thai highland jungle. Stop for the local coffee house, overlooking the remarkable natural landscape and the view of Chiang Mai city. The variety of trails allows for moderate to more experienced riders. Challenge yourself with the punchy hill climbs and have a blast with fast and flowy trails with just the right amount of technical for a fun ride.
This Buffalo Soldier is not really fighting for survival, just a stamina test as there is a good amount of climbing. Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy, Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yo!
Tour At A Glance
Trail Type (for whole Ride)
Total Cycling Distance
Day 2 Time Schedule
- 8.00 am Hotel pick up
- 9.30 am Shop departure
- 10.45 am Start riding
- 12.00 pm Trail side lunch
- 4.00 pm Snack
- 5.30 pm Finish/Hotel drop off
WHAT TO BRING AND TO WEAR
- Top Cycling jersey or t-shirts
- Lightweight rain jacket. Never trust the tropical climate
- Bottom All Mountain or DH style shorts. If you don’t have one, we recommend light fabric shorts with elastic waist-band or surf shorts.
- Shoes Athletic shoes, lightweight hiking boots, or trail running shoes with a sturdy sole work well. (Riders can bring their own clipless pedals and shoes and we can install them on our bike).
RECOMMENDED PERSONAL EQUIPMENT
- Camera Sport or compact one.
- Sunscreen & Sunglasses
- Some cash If you enjoy your ride, please tip your guide.