JUNGLE CROSS COUNTRY
A QUICK XC TOUR IN CHIANG MAI FOR YOUR MOUNTAIN BIKING NEEDS AND THE PERFECT TOUR FOR SKILLS TRAINING
This fun XC tour in Chiang Mai tour takes place in Mae Jo district, just 45 minutes from the city center starting from the idyllic Mae Jo reservoir. The area is surrounded by forested hills and features a network of winding singletrack trails which weave their way around the lake and into the forest.
The Jungle Cross Country tour is ideal for XC enthusiasts, beginner mountain bikers, school groups and corporate groups and families for those short on time but looking to get out on the trails of Chiang Mai. Each tour can be customized and include skills training upon request, additional ascents and descents, technical and non-technical components to suit all needs.
The trails are predominantly single track with short sections of paved road linking the various trails. The terrain is generally flat with undulating hills through the jungle and alongside the reservoir. The start and end point are the same with the trails looping back. Only moderate fitness is required to complete the tour as it can be shortened / lengthened depending on the needs of the rider.
There are various obstacles set up in the vicinity which make this XC tour in Chiang Mai perfect for groups to learn essential mountain biking skills in a safe environment, our experienced guides can help teach a number of techniques before trying them on the trail!
Please note that the tour requires a minimum of 2 customers for a guaranteed departure.
- 1.5-2 hours cycling tour through beautiful rural countryside
- Premium quality bike KONA Blast Trail 27.5″ HT
- Protective gear – helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, gloves, hydration packs
- Pick and drop off service
- Complimentary photos and videos
- Delicious locally sourced Thai lunch and refreshments
- Refreshing coconut at the end of the day
*subject to change, depending on weather and availability, times are approximations.
- 8.45 am Pick up from hotel and transfer to Trailhead office
- 9.00 am Welcome & introduction, complimentary coffee, meet the team and briefing on cycling tour
- 09.30 am Shop departure
- 10.15 pm Arrive at the start point and get geared up
- 10.30 pm Begin the cycling adventure and learn some essential skills by our professional guides
- 12.00 pm Ride the amazing network of singletrack XC trails in the forested hills of Mae Jo
- 12:30 pm Enjoy a delicious Thai lunch and energizing coconut
- 13.00 pm Program wrap-up and transfer back to Trailhead office or hotel