TRAIL AND ELEPHANTS TLC
Spend the memorable day enjoying the elephant mahout training. Get hands-on experience on participating, sharing responsibilities and taking care of an elephant. Learn about the behaviors and lifestyle of the elephants, how to control and bath with the elephant, bareback riding them through the hills. Then enjoy the second day mountain biking in beautiful Suthep Pui National Park. Ride through the most stunning scenery of Thai highland jungle. Experience hidden spots, cultural highlights, and local way of life with our knowledgeable guides
Prices & Availability
- One day elephant mahout training experience 2,900 Baht (1 elephant / 2 person)
- Trailhead’s Buffalo Soldier Mountain Bike Tour 3,500 Baht
- Normal Price for both 6,400 Baht
Special Promotion Price for both tours: 6,099 Baht per person
Included in this price
- A full day’s visit to an elephant sanctuary.
- A full day epic mountain biking experience.
- Premium full suspension YT Jeffsy. More details here. (for MTB Tour)
- Friendly and professional guide
- Protective gears
- Drinks, and snacks
- National park entrance fee
- Transportation to and from your hotel
Not included in the price
- Accommodation in-between each tour (can be arranged per your request)
- Gratuities (optional)
Note: Your booking date will be the day of your Mountain Bike Tour
Day 1 Visit The Elephant Sanctuary
All elephants have all been adopted and rescued from unsuitable living conditions such as circuses, and illegal logging camps. There will be No elephant painting and the dancing and sitting or standing on two legs.
Hotel pick up and drive through agricultural Thai countryside North of Chiang Mai for 50 Mins to a local elephant sanctuary in Chiang Mai, where you learn, how to be a Mahout (Elephant caretaker). At the sanctuary, the Elephant Mahout Guide will give you first useful information’s about the Thai Elephants.
- Change clothes to be Mahout Clothes
- Start the introduction of Thai Elephant, lifestyle and behavior of Thai elephants.
- Feed elephants with banana and sugar cane.
- Learning the basic commands for elephants
- Trained to ride on elephant’s neck using many different techniques with spoken commands for the elephant.
- Start to ride (Bare back) and control elephant through the hill around our park
- Enjoy Bath and brush your elephant
Day 1 : Time Schedule
- Hotel Pick up 08.15-08.30 am
- Hotel Drop off around 4.30 pm
WHAT TO BRING AND TO WEAR
A change of clothes (You will be exposed to water on this tour when you bathe the elephants, thus a change of clothing is a must.)
Day 2 : Buffalo Solider Full Day Mountain Biking Tour
(Mountain Biking the first day if you prefer)
Everyone’s favorite trail is a fun mix of singletrack, doubletrack and dirt roads that link up remote hill tribe’s villages. Ride through the most stunning scenery of Thai highland jungle. Stop for the local coffee house, overlooking the remarkable natural landscape and the view of Chiang Mai city. The variety of trails allows for moderate to more experienced riders. Challenge yourself with the punchy hill climbs and have a blast with fast and flowy trails with just the right amount of technical for a fun ride.
Tour At A Glance
Trail Type (for whole Ride)
Total Cycling Distance
Day 2 Time Schedule
- 8.00 am Hotel pick up
- 9.30 am Shop departure
- 10.45 am Start riding
- 12.00 pm Trail side lunch
- 4.00 pm Snack
- 5.30 pm Finish/Hotel drop off
WHAT TO BRING AND TO WEAR
- Top Cycling jersey or t-shirts
- Lightweight rain jacket. Never trust the tropical climate
- Bottom All Mountain or DH style shorts. If you don’t have one, we recommend light fabric shorts with elastic waist-band or surf shorts.
- Shoes Athletic shoes, lightweight hiking boots, or trail running shoes with a sturdy sole work well. (Riders can bring their own clipless pedals and shoes and we can install them on our bike).
RECOMMENDED PERSONAL EQUIPMENT
- Camera Sport or compact one.
- Sunscreen & Sunglasses
- Some cash If you enjoy your ride, please tip your guide.