Hilltribe in the Clouds
Get close to nature and experience amazing vistas during our Hilltribe in the Clouds hiking tour.
If you want to experience a memorable experience hiking in Chiang Mai with a mix of culture and nature, then this is the tour for you! This full day hiking tour will immerse you in the forest high up on the summit of Doi Suthep Pui. You will learn about the flora and fauna as well as history of the nearby residents of Chan Khian village, a quaint Hmong tribe settlement, which was established on the mountain hundreds of years ago as people from Southern China migrated throughout South East Asia.
We will drive you to the starting point located at approximately 1500m above sea level. From here you will hike through thick evergreen forest before reaching the highest point in the national park at 1640m above sea level. From the summit you will hike along a narrow ridge with spectacular views of Doi Suthep Pui and beyond – if you’re lucky you may catch a glimpse of Chiang Dao – the 3rd highest peak in Thailand.
The tour continues along a mountain ridge before descending through small fruit farms. Depending on the season you can try some lychee or other fruits growing on the side of the trails.
The tour finishes in the village of Baan Khun Chang Kian, a small Hmong tribe village with a population of approximately 200 people. You can relax with a delicious coffee and enjoy the complimentary lunch before being taken back to Chiang Mai city and completing the tour.
The hiking tour is relatively gentle with limited experience required and a moderate level of fitness.
- Dense evergreen forest
- Cool temperatures at higher altitudes
- Expansive views
- Chan Khian Hmong village
Prices & Availability
- 1-2 people 1,999 Baht per person
- 3-4 people 1,499 Baht per person
- 5+ people 1,199 Baht per person
- Price does not include guide gratuity
- Drinks and snacks
- Friendly and professional guide
- Complimentary coffee at Trailhead café
- 8.30 am Hotel pick up
- 9.00 am Shop departure
- 10.00 am Arrive at departure point
- 13.00pm 3 hours of hiking through beautiful countryside
- 14.00pm Lunch in the village and program wrap up
- 15.00pm Return to accommodation in Chiang Mai city.